Running like clockwork—it’s the perfect image of an effectively run retail business. Each cog and gear in the mechanism is vital to its functioning and when a wrench is thrown into the works the entire machine is affected, whether it’s a temporary slowdown or a complete shutdown of the operation.
That analogy is great at explaining what can go wrong if the system is set up poorly, but what are the effects experienced when the retail machine is functioning, not at a satisfactory level, but at its highest level?
By integrating your POS/retail management system with your ecommerce platform, you’ll be building the bridges that allows your data to be seamlessly shared across all your data management systems. This synchronized data can then be used to improve all your retail processes, both online and off. It will help identify unnecessary tasks to eliminate, improve the accuracy of your information, and effectively predict future needs. Furthermore, it has been proven to be a great asset for growing retail companies who need oversight all their areas of business so they can get the complete picture of the health of their business.
Retail Dimensions takes all these advantages one step further by providing custom solutions designed specifically to meet the needs of each individual online retailer.
Integrate for Better Overall Management
In a 2006 study conducted by Accenture and several retailers from the grocery sector, researchers found that after grocery store retailers installed an integration tool to connect their products’ data throughout their operation they saw a remarkable improvement to their processes across the board. They found their supply chain and other operational areas were up to 64 percent more accurate and the effectiveness of their customer relationship and growth areas increased by 67 percent.
Retail Dimensions’ clients see similar results, and more. Because our system is based around a commodity-added structure, we have the flexibility to bring in specific features that address the intricacies of each individual business, while leaving unnecessary add-ons on the “shelf.” For example; if the products you sell require special packaging or delivery instructions, your integration package will include the ability to choose the package size and shape that will properly protect the product and be in line with the requirements of the shipper. This one feature saves our clients both time and money, while reinforcing the customer’s impression that your company responds to their needs.
What Synchronized Data Means for Your Business
When you synchronize data, you are creating a communication link that is automatic, immediate, and pro-active. It’s an ever-present updating process that occurs between two or more devices that responds to changes within the system from anywhere in the company. When something is purchased in one department your inventory data is updated automatically and the information is immediately available to anyone working in the system throughout your entire company.
This is an invaluable asset to a busy, growing business who is dedicated to providing their customers with quality products and the highest level of customer service. Your team will be able to head off shipping issues and provide product updates to their customers before they even know there’s been an issue. It also provides retailers with insights into which products are popular, which are not, and which ones would make the biggest impact when promoted through a sale.
Let’s show you how it works for your business.
Communication is key at every phase in the fulfillment process. With synchronized data you’ll have confidence in the information you rely on to make decisions.
- Synchronized Catalogue & Inventory Management – Accurate data from your inventory warehouse will be able to tell your department heads and the customer if a product is available, as well as providing insights into the overall activity that has occurred over a specific period of time.
- Web/Mobile Commerce Platform – Customers are online shopping in a variety of ways; through apps, on websites, and through ecommerce platforms. Each of these require a special configuration to function properly. With a Retail Dimensions commodity integration, we create connections individually with each of these channels, so all the details are working at their most reliable and efficient level.
- Synchronize Orders, Customers, & Order Fulfillment – Putting together an order requires information from many different areas of business. By synchronizing data, the integration will keep the information moving between the warehouse, the order fulfillment team, the delivery service company, and the customer. This ensures that all parties are able to access the information and receive accurate updates on the product and its estimated delivery in real time.
- Retail Inventory Management POS – Gift cards, loyalty points, special offers, and more! These special perks are exciting to your customers and helps you become their go-to store.
What a Retail Dimensions Integration Can Provide
Creating the right integration package requires digging into the many different operations and process that go into making a retail business run at its highest level. When Retail Dimensions creates an integration package that connects a retailer’s POS/retail management system with their ecommerce store, they can expect to see
- Data updated in real time and assessable through all the connected systems.
- Appropriate data formats that effectively connect their POS/management system with the online platforms that host their ecommerce store, including Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce and Amazon
- A high-level data accuracy through automatic updates.
- An extra layer of security built into a system that directly links all the different parts of the business together.
- Inventory and fulfillment monitoring that allows the retailer to anticipate issues early at every stage of the process.
- Saved time by eliminating repetitive actions required to update multiple systems, rather than the one-time update required by an integrated system.
- Better accuracy in orders, resulting in fewer refunds, backorders, and other profit-draining issues.
- Better customer relations with frequent updates sent automatically to the customer.
- Improved performance throughout your entire business.
The Time for Synchronized Data is Now
With a tailor-made Retail Dimensions integration, you can be confident that your business is functioning at its highest level. We will create the tools that are unique to your business operations and create the communication channels that eliminate wasted time and mistakes. Over time, you’ll find that you’ve not only saved time and money, you’ve created a user-friendly system your customers will return to again and again because they know they are buying from a business that runs like a well-oiled machine.